Mercy 360 Community
Good health means more than seeing the doctor. It’s about how we work, play, eat, learn and live in our communities. Mercy 360 Community is a whole new approach to health and wellness. We’re helping people and families to live well.
Mercy 360 Community is focused on factors affecting our health that go beyond doctors or medicine. These include things like housing, food, employment and social supports. Our foundation for health begins in our homes, schools, jobs and neighborhoods. We’re working with local partners to make a difference in these areas.
Safe, stable, affordable housing is key to healthy leaving. We’re working with the City of Phoenix, Native American Connections and the Center for Supportive Housing to help increase access to stable, affordable housing.
- Bridge to Housing: In-between housing for those who are experiencing homelessness
- Permanent supportive housing: 24 studio apartments available through Section 8 vouchers or HUD homeless subsidies
- Housing coordination: Resources to help people break down barriers to finding and keeping stable housing
Affordable and nutritious food is needed for good health. We’re bringing new food programs to the Maryvale area of Phoenix.
- Fresh Express bus: Mobile produce market that includes nutrition education
- Double Up Food Bucks: Dollar-for-dollar match when using an EBT card to purchase locally grown produce
- Community and school gardens: Gardens that produce healthy food and provide lessons on growing and preparing nutritious food
- Community health educators: Trained peers and case workers teach their neighbors how to make healthy food choices on a budget
Access to quality care helps people and families thrive. We’ve created new ways to help people and families get the care and resources they need.
- School-based health center: On-the-spot physical and behavioral health care for kids and their families
- Autism Centers for Excellence: Two specialized whole-health clinics for children and adults living with or at risk for Autism Spectrum Disorder
- Family Center: Health and wellness services for families involved with or at risk of involvement with the child welfare system
- Mercy 360 Academy: Evidence-based training focused on trauma-informed care, transition-age youth and substance abuse